Well the big day came around. I sat in class and kept glancing at the clock, wondering how he was doing and anxiously waiting the results. Almost three hours later a weary Daniel stopped by my class to report he had not gotten the desired 3/3 . . . but a 4/3+!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that might not sound too cool but believe me it is an amazing acheivement. Not even in our wildest dreams did we think he would be able to get that in such a short period of time and in a class room setting which is all the more reason we attribute his success to higher powers. Dan is still in a daze, he keeps expecting to wake up and find that it is Friday morning and he has to go take his test. ;)
To celebrate we went out on a double date with some good friends of ours, Danielle and Rick (a former mission companion of Dan). We went mini golfing and for Ethiopian food. We had a great time, they are a blast. The perfect ending to the day that is now known in our house as yom al-baraka, "the day of the blessing".
~Katie
(P.S. I am still in language training and will be until mid November but I don't have to take the tests- whew!)

Action shot of Danielle wacking that ball. Go team pink!!
Dan eyes the shot carefully and then handily tronches us all.
Katie strutting her stuff on the green.

Rick strutted his stuff too but...
...ended with his ball in the lilypads.
Happy Harrells at the Ethiopian restuarant.

The food was really good, different, but good. We were all given what looked like a giant pancake and used it to grab food from the central plate.
4 comments:
Congrats Dan! Thats awesome. That uh food, yeah. it looks interesting. Isnt ethiopian food an oxymoron? i dunno- I'll claim ignorance...
Thanks for the congrats! The Ethiopian food was certainly a new experience. It's not a favorite by any means but fun if you are with a group, if for no other reason than to watch your friends try to eat something a little suspious looking with no silverware.
Dan
Hey! this is actually Rick (ask me later about my "Blogger" name).
We never gave you permission to post our pix to your blog! That should be illegal!.... Just kidding! Thanks for letting Danielle and I be a part of your celebration.
As a side note, I'm not at all surprised by Dan's outstanding performance on the exam. He definitely has the most superior linguistic capabilities of anyone I know. Dan, parabens mesmo meu filho!
We're very excited for your upcoming adventures.
*You've just acquired a new regular to your blog.
WAY TO GO DAN-THE-MAN! Ethan and I are totally excited for you guys. What a great achievement -- Don't worry Katie, we can tell this was huge your explanation did it justice! Heavenly Father must really want you to be successful in your indevors, just as we do. Congrants, congrats, congrats!
Love,
The Bratts,
Post a Comment