Sunday, June 04, 2006

June's adios bash

Dan's orientation class (they were the 127th class so you will often see this bunch referred to as such) got pretty close during their training and still like to hang out a lot even though they aren't in classes together anymore. Each month they will throw a party for all those going to post during the following weeks. For June we had a BBQ at one of Dan's classmate's house (Amy Dove). We had a great time! They are all a blast and soo nice. Having attended one or two Foreign Service functions I have seen how easy it is for the spouse of the Foreign Service Officer (FSO) to feel like "justaspouse" (a new term I have learned to jokingly refer to the trailing spouse). Even by those that probably do not mean to, I have sometimes felt left out of conversations because they will revolve around work and issues I cannot contribute to. However, everyone in the 127th is so friendly and inviting. They effortlessly involve everyone into activities.

Here are a couple of pictures from the evening courtesy of Carrie:

Chillin' with the 127th Posted by Picasa

No comments: